Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT MAKES NORCO RUSH DIFFERENT?
Rush Soccer Club is the largest soccer club in the world. You are apart of something bigger . . . we stand behind and believe in our core values. NorCo Rush is committed to providing an unparalleled soccer experience for all who have interest in the game. NorCo Rush promotes the development of character, the electricity of competition, and the importance of pure enjoyment. We believe that all players should be afforded an equal opportunity to explore their potential and participate in challenging circumstances that will yield positive outcomes. We are committed to making soccer a pleasant, safe, and reward experience for everyone involved, regardless of age or ability. NorCo Rush is the only club in Colorado that offers an all-inclusive fee that meets our goal of providing an equal opportunity to every player. One price for each program ensures all players will receive specialized training, camps, and a fun soccer season. Through quality coaching, sound leadership, and absolute sincerity, we will work to be the best soccer club for our players.
WHERE/WHEN DO TEAMS PRACTICE?
All practices are at Monfort Park and all games are at Island Grove Soccer Complex. Teams practice 60-90 minutes (depending on the age) two nights a week. Generally Mondays/Wednesdays or Tuesdays/Thursdays. Teams may also have a third skills practice session.
WHAT IS REC, REC+, PDL, AND COMPETITIVE?
- Rec soccer offered through Young America Soccer Program at the City of Greeley Parks and Recreation, as well as other surrounding City programs. It is a great place to start. NorCo Rush partners with these city recreational programs offering additional trainings run by our professional coaching staff. Our staff creates a developmental environment that is fun, energetic, and fast-paced without the pressure of scoring and winning. Our focus is on teaching the fundamental skills of the game that give each player the ultimate enjoyment of this beautiful game. Our training consist of Rush Beginnings, Indoor Futsal soccer, and Summer Skills camp.
- Rec+ provides an avenue for teams who to stay together out of Rec soccer. They want to have fun, play in their age group, and do limited travel and compete outside of Greeley (Fort Collins, Loveland, Windsor). Teams register season-by-season and commitment to an eight-game schedule. Rec+ practice two times each week. There are no tryouts and Rec+ welcomes the Under 11 through 19 teams.
- PDL (Player Development League) empowers players to play with confidence and creativity and prepares athletes seeking to compete at the next level. PDL offers options for all players, regardless of their current skill level and experience. Players are exposed to limited travel and receive professional training, in addition to their US Soccer curriculum-based practices. Players compete during an eight-game season (fall/spring) in like age-groups against teams from Fort Collins, Loveland, Windsor, and Cheyenne. A Denver division is also available for select U8-U10 teams. Increased competition, academy-style training, and a two-season commitment provides opportunity to develop your child’s skills to the next level and beyond. NorCo Rush is the only club in Colorado that offers an all-inclusive fee that meets our goal of providing an equal opportunity to every player. One price for each program ensures all players will receive specialized training, camps, and a fun soccer season.
- Competitive division is for the player who is ready to take their development in this sport to the next level. Led by a highly experienced, professional Director of Coaching, your player will experience an increased volume of soccer in a focused, goal-oriented, competitive environment. Our competitive teams train regularly to further develop their technical skills and tactical understanding. NorCo Rush is the only club in Colorado that offers an all-inclusive fee that meets our goal of providing an equal opportunity to every player. One price for each program ensures all players will receive specialized training, camps, and a fun soccer season.
HOW FAR DO TEAMS TRAVEL?
Teams play an 8 game schedule in the fall and spring with 4 of those games each season being home games. Most of the away games are in the Denver area but you can travel as far south as Pueblo, as far west as Grand Junction, and as far north as Cheyenne.
WHAT ARE TRYOUTS?
NorCo Rush’s player pathway goal is for players to have fun while developing their skills and knowledge. That means placing players in the best developmental environment and providing the appropriate level of competition. NorCo Rush players for U12 and older players who are currently in the club will be notified prior to tryouts where they will potentially be placed. The U11 age group will attend a placement session and be given a neutral-analysis from the NorCo Rush staff to correctly place them on their player pathway.
MY ATHLETE PLAYS OTHER SPORTS, CAN THEY STILL PLAY CLUB SOCCER?
Yes….we encourage athletes to play and enjoy all activities.
IF I MISSED TRYOUTS, CAN MY ATHLETE STILL JOIN?
Any player who is interested in joining the Competitive division can do so at anytime. No need to wait until tryouts. Players are invited to train with a team in their respective age group to determine the best developmental placement for them.
Please contact the office (970-351-6255 / email@example.com) and they will connect you with the appropriate coach to help begin this process.
CAN MY ATHLETE PLAY UP AN AGE GROUP OR DOWN AN AGE GROUP?
Players can play up in age but cannot play down.
WHAT AGE DOES COMPETITIVE SOCCER BEGIN?
- Competitive teams form at the age of 10 years old
- NorCo Rush has a Player Development League for younger players beginning at 8 to 10 years old.
- Our newest program Rush Beginnings is for our youngest age groups, 5-6 years old and 7-9 years old. This program shares the love of the game with your child. Each session will be an exciting play-based journey based on skills, coordination and passion for the game. Players will be active and engaged while gaining confidence and excitement about the game. Beginnings offers session in the fall, two winter sessions, and a spring session.
- From July through May, NorCo Rush provides year round training including indoor; speed, agility & quickness; small sided games, inter club friendlies; goalkeeping training; futsal; camps; virtual training . . . and much, much more!
DO YOU HAVE A REFUND POLICY?
Yes. Northern Colorado Rush’s player refund policy is: If a player, for medical reasons, cannot complete the remainder of the season, a prorated amount of the variable fee will be refunded upon request. Written Technical Documentation setting forth the medical reason(s) must be provided to the Club by a medical practitioner prior to the refund. A full refund is due if a player is not placed on a team. Also if your family, relocates over 45 miles away you will receive a prorated refund for the remainder of the season you will miss. There are no refunds given for any other reason.
WHAT IS THE SKILL LEVEL REQUIRED TO PLAY?
NorCo Rush welcomes all skill levels!
WHAT DOES THE "U" MEAN (I.E. U11) WHEN REFERRING TO AN AGE GROUP?
The “U” followed by age” means that age and younger. In the United States, teams are grouped by birth year. Below is an age chart for 2021-2022 season:
U5 players born in 2017
U6 players born in 2016
U7 players born in 2015
U8 players born in 2014
U9 players born in 2013
U10 players born in 2012
U11 players born in 2011
U12 players born in 2010
U13 players born in 2009
U14 players born in 2008
U15 players born in 2007
U16 players born in 2006
U17 players born in 2005
U18 players born in 2004
U19 players born in 2003
IS THERE DISCOUNTS OR ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE?
Absolutely! Our multi-child discount gives 10% to the second, third, etc. child/children after the oldest child pays for the standard fee for their division. Financial Assistance is available through the Andrew Borg Helping Hand Fund. In over 42 years, no player has ever been turned away due to financial concerns.
WHAT OTHER OPTIONS DO YOU HAVE TO HELP COVER SOCCER EXPENSES?
Definitely! NorCo Rush as two programs available that can virtually pay for all of your soccer expenses without selling or collecting money….King Soopers Community Rewards Program and Bingo.
HOW MANY PLAYERS ON A TEAM?
- U8, U9, U10 play 7v7 with a maximum roster of 14 players
- U11 and U12 play 9 v 9 with a maximum roster at 16 players
- U13 and older play 11v11 with a maximum roster of 18 players
WHEN ARE THE FALL AND SPRING SEASONS?
The fall season practices begin the first/second week in August. The first game is the third weekend on August. There are no league games Labor Day. Fall games finish the second week in November. The Spring season begins the middle of February with practices. The first game is second weekend in March. Spring finishes up mid-May.
WHAT IS THE COST OF THE COMPETITIVE PROGRAM?
The competitive program is an all-inclusive program . . . one price for everyone. NorCo Rush is the only club in Colorado that has an all-inclusive fee. Our goal is to give every player the opportunity to develop.
Click below for competitive/player development program costs:
Why NorCo Rush?
NorCo Rush’s player-centered approach, backed with a national-level program and elite-level coaching, provides a positive playing and learning environment that fosters long-term player development and personal growth. We strive to provide our players with the highest quality soccer training and development in every season.